Friday, October 06, 2006

People Not Like Us

From Duluth, MN, comes this AP story via the St. Paul Pioneer Press: "Man apologizes for courtroom feces".

DULUTH, Minn. - A Chicago man apologized for spreading his feces around a courtroom during his trial on drug charges.

Vandale Amos Willis, 28, apologized Wednesday before being sentenced to more than 10 years in prison. Willis was convicted earlier of importation of a controlled substance, cocaine, and two other charges.

"Im going to take full responsibility for everything I did in Duluth," Willis told the court. "I want to apologize for everything I did in court. Im sorry, your honor."

He asked Judge David Sullivan to put him on probation. Sullivan told Willis his actions wouldn't be held against him, but there was no reason to depart from sentencing guidelines.
I don't know why it is, but sometimes I think criminals are different than most of us.