Monday, May 08, 2006

More Details Emerge On Minneapolis Abduction/Robbery

KSTP Eyewitness News has a follow up to the story I posted about in the previous log: "Mpls. woman pulled into car and robbed". The more we learn, the worse it gets.

A Minneapolis woman was taken against her will Sunday morning while she walked to work.

It happened on 25th Street between Harriet and Grand Avenues around 6:50 a.m. Sunday.

Molly Kirwan said during her walk a man pulled over in his car, grabbed her and forced her inside.

"I turned around to face him and he grabbed me," Kirwan told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS. "He grabbed my purse, and I told him to take everything in my purse..."
The dirtbag wasn't satisfied with a compliant victim. She's lucky she didn't have the Michael Zebuhr ending, which also started with compliant victims. These animals just don't care anymore.

But the suspect wanted more. He drove her around for 10 minutes and robbed her of $100 and credit cards.

"When he pushed me into the car, I was kicking and screaming, and he just pushed me in and he talked very calm the whole time," Kirwan said.

The robber eventually let her go.
How depraved do you have to be to grab a defenseless woman off the street in broad daylight while she's kicking and screaming?

At least we have a suspect and vehicle description:

"He was about 5-11, very muscular built guy, black, with short cropped hair," she said.

Kirwan said he was driving a maroon, two-door Buick.
Like many Minneapolis victims, this incident has changed her life:

"This is terrifying, it's horrifying, it shouldn't happen to me, it shouldn't happen to anyone," Kirwan said. "It's going to change the way I think about my job and my community and everyday life."
The poor woman never made it to the Safe Zone.