Monday, September 25, 2006

A Victim's Pain

Every once in a while I get an email which reminds me that each crime has many victims. This message, sent earlier today, follows this posting. One of the suspects remains on the loose.

I am really glad that Shedrick Turner's murder is still in the media and is not forgotten. My name is Nia C[abbreviated for privacy] and I know this young man as "Cub". I've been dating him since 1999. When he moved to Minneapolis and I agreed to eventually follow, I never thought on February 10, 2006 at around 1:30 p.m., that my heart would be shattered in a milllon pieces. He has been gone now seven months, 15 days. I still hurts exactly the same. I'm just glad his death did not slip through the cracks on them cold streets he died on because he was truly loved and will always be truly missed. R.I.P. Cub!!
Nia, I hope for your sake that all of the criminals involved in this murder are brought to justice, and soon.